Promoting Your Local Business
Did you catch my most recent episode of ‘Mel’s Weekly Instagram Live Show’ where I reeled off a list of super-handy list of marketing ideas for businesses that serve a local community? This is the perfect episode for those of you with a brick and mortar business, or those that offer a service to a local clientele, such as:
- Nail technicians
- Makeup artists
- Wedding planners
- Brand ambassadors
- Anyone in the hospitality industry
- Shop owners
- Along with plenty more of you!
If you didn’t manage to catch it, I have great news for you! You can catch the replay on Instagram in our IGTV channel here.
Here’s a sneak peek at a few marketing ideas that were discussed in the episode:
- Press releases in local magazines and newspapers (being featured in an article, as opposed to in a paid advert)
- Noticeboards in cafes, supermarkets, community centres, village halls, schools, etc.
- Offering incentives to encourage customer referrals
- Facebook selling sites
- Discussing local events/ news/ sporting events on Twitter
- Sponsoring local events / charity events (or hosting your own!)
Great ideas but limited budget? Grab your FREE copy of ’10 Collaboration Ideas To Grow Your Business’ – our top 10 ways that you can collaborate with others to boost your audience on little to no budget.