Are you setting yourself a New Years Resolution?
As we see the beginning of the new year an opportunity to set new goals, it is also useful to reflect on the past 12 months.
Whether you have reached the goals you set yourself or not, it’s important not to dwell on the negative – but that doesn’t mean that you can’t learn from the past and do better for a positive future.
Below are a few pointers that we’ll be keeping in mind for 2020:
- It is completely OK to say no to things. If you are attending events that are not a good use of your time, or you are giving up your limited time to do things that are not on your agenda, you don’t have to feel bad about saying no, you don’t have to make excuses, and you don’t have to feel regret.
- Live your life for yourself and what you believe in; you do not need to seek other people’s approval. We spend so much of our precious energy seeking validation from the external world. And for what? Let’s spend more time creating what we want to see and less time worrying what other people think about it .
- Always give to those that deserve your advice – but know when to take it from other people, too. You can’t have the whole world on your shoulders without sharing it with those who can listen to your problems too.
- Your worth isn’t measured by your productivity. Know that it’s okay to have periods where you don’t feel productive. Learning the art to relax is so important for your mind.
- Not all relationships are meant to stick with us for the entirety of our lives, it is completely okay if relationships come to a natural end. Do not stress over it.
- It’s okay if people don’t like or understand you. Don’t take criticisms personally and know that people view life through their own unique, personal lens.
- Comparing yourself to others is the worst thing you can do. Make the most of the hand you have been dealt with – set your goals and aim to achieve. You can do this.
It’s okay to not have life completely figured out. Because none of us really do, and that’s what makes life interesting – get ready….