Confidence is such a powerful word and an even more powerful feeling. Sometimes it can also be an overwhelming word and you are not alone in feeling this!
Wouldn’t it be amazing to be a naturally confident person? You would be completely unstoppable. You would feel like you could achieve anything!
Can you remember a time in your life when you felt confident? Channelling those emotions and feelings could really give you that all important boost. Not only does being confident make you feel good on the inside and outside, but you also open yourself to more opportunities as you’re inclined to take more risks and move on to your next big milestone.
So, how to be more confident?
Confident people believe in themselves and have a positive mindset. People who lack confidence feel insecure. However, often the confidence is there; you might feel you are lacking it because it’s buried under a pile of anxiety and worry. You need to take those all-important steps to uncover it and start believing in yourself.
- Stop comparing and stay focused – comparing yourselves to others can be a huge hang up. Stop looking at everyone around you and focus on yourself.
- Relax – go with the flow and don’t stress about the small stuff, this is not helpful to you or anyone around you and stressing about it means you will get less done in the long run.
- Love yourself – be comfortable in your own skin. Feel happy with who you are and remind yourself of how much to have already achieved.
- Be positive – look for the good in every situation – don’t think about everything you’ve not ticked off your list, think about all the things you have ticked off.
- Do what you love – make sure you wake up striving to enjoy it. I know we cannot always plan everything out but make sure the majority of what is on your list is there because you want it to be there.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses – write a list of things that you are good at and things that you know need improvement. Discuss your list with friends and family as, inevitably, they will be able to add to the list. Celebrate and develop your strengths and find ways to improve or manage your weaknesses.
- We all make mistakes – don’t think of your mistakes as negatives but rather as learning opportunities.
You got this!
See other blogs you might find useful: