Throughout your career or personal life one of the hardest questions that you may be faced with answering is ‘what inspires you’?
There are so many answers but finding the actual words to answer this short question can feel somewhat daunting. The idea of ‘inspiration’ can be a hard word to comprehend. Something that one person may not have noticed, is the most inspiring thing in the world to another. It is completely subjective to the individual.
Although sometimes feeling overwhelmed, you should look to your inspiration daily. You need to have a constant drive to achieve your aspirations. If you are struggling to reach that place, stop what you are doing, go outside, look around, go for a walk, take notice of colleagues, family, friends and strangers around you. Ask them what inspires them to tackle their day. The answers may help you find your own – feed your curiosity.
At the Pioneer Chicks HQ we are constantly striving to experience and learn new things, take on challenges and set new goals. We are inspired by so many people, places and things throughout our day-to-day lives, we have put together a list for those down days (and yes, they do happen) where we might need a gentle reminder of how to find that all important inspiration:
- Try something you’ve always assumed you can’t do but secretly wanted to try.
- Teach someone to do something and tap into your potential as a leader.
- Learn something new and allow yourself to forget about the limitations of time.
- Write a bucket list of all the things you’d like to do in your lifetime.
- Create a vision board with pictures of all of those things that you strive for.
- Brainstorm ideas for a new project.
- Think about the challenges you face and identify possible solutions.
- Attend a conference or retreat to connect with like-minded people.
- Get to as many networking groups as you can.
- Write a goals list.
Find that inspiration by using the above methods, set and smash those goals and get that all-encompassing feeling of satisfaction when you tick off tasks on our ‘to do’ list.
If you have any other tips on getting inspiration, we would love to hear them…comment below!
Check out our other blogs: