Super woman, Andrea Ocampo is a bilingual sports, entertainment, and lifestyle television host as well as an accomplished speaker, blogger, and producer. Experienced in a variety of genres, she’s currently trailblazing the sports broadcasting industry leaving a lasting impression on fans everywhere.
Andrea has taken the time to complete a Q&A with us for an insight into her personal and business life, see below for her story.
* Name: Andrea Ocampo
* Occupation: TV Host/Speaker/Media Coach/Brand Strategist
* Company Name: With Guts & Grace
* Did you attend University? If so, what did you study at University? Was it something that you had chosen, or did your parents have some influence over what you studied?
I went to school for broadcast communications. I always knew I wanted to be a tv journalist but never thought I would own my own business helping people via media coaching and brand strategy.
* Age (if you don’t mind!)?
* Where’s ‘home’ to you?
South Florida (Fort Lauderdale)
* What have been your biggest obstacles during your career and when setting up your business?
I always had to wear several hats and learn how to juggle many things at the same time. I had to learn that I couldn’t do it all if I was going to have a viable business.
* How have you overcome them?
I overcame many of my obstacles and still learning from them by surrounding myself with business mentors that have been where I’ve been before.
* What has been your proudest moment?
There have been many cool moments. I love it when I go to universities for my talks and currently in talks with executive producer to bring one of my concepts to life via tv show.
* How did you build on your personal development?
I’ve always taken many courses, real life lessons and surrounded myself with successful business mentors that could guide me and give me constructive feedback. It’s been a journey but happy to say that my 15+ years of experience in production and broadcasting has been the foundation for everything. I like to lead by example.
* Are there any methods that you would recommend to others?
I would suggest to surround yourself with a tribe that supports you. Get organized and hire professionals to help your business. There’s no point in trying to learn everything if your zone of genius is something else.
* What’s your favourite thing to do when you have 2 hours to yourself?
I like to workout, read and enjoy my time with my friends.
* What books are you currently reading?
The 5th Agreement, Unscripted: Life Liberty & the Pursuit of Entreperneruship, Start With Why
I love to read & Audio books!
* Favourite podcast?
Strategy Hour, Gary Vee & Digital Wolf
* I’m most happy when I’m wearing….
Jeans and heels
* Favourite App
* 3 tips for boosting productivity….
Create to do list, batching, time blocking
* What’s the best piece of advice that you’ve ever received?
Keep going even if you think you can’t because self doubt is a killer of dreams!
* Do you have a favourite quote?
“With Guts & Grace Anything is Possible” by me
* What do you enjoy most about your business?
The freedom of being able to work from anywhere, the people I meet and the content I produce.
* Do you have anyone that you are particularly inspired by?
My mother inspires me every day and my best friend Amber, which is the reason I was able to have the courage to start my own business in the first place.
* Which person has had the most influence on your life?
* What item you can’t live without
My phone..lol. That’s my office and how I keep in touch with everyone:)
..and that’s a wrap. With thanks to Andrea for being so honest and insightful to her business and personal life. We hope you find this as inspiring as we did.
You can find Andrea on social media, see handles below:
Know someone else that would like this blog post? Why not earn yourself some brownie points and help us support other like-minded women by sharing it (button below).